I am an award-winning artist who has been working in design fields and creating images for many years. My talent was discovered at an early age, so I focused on an art path all though school. After college, I worked in design and marketing fields. Several years ago I discovered digital art and become a professional graphic artist. Through my graphic jobs, I learned photography. I was displaying and selling my photographs at Fine Art and Craft Shows. I became bored traditional photography and started to push the envelope and manipulate the images. This helped me to again return to my fine art roots.
The artist photographer
As an artist, I like to push my creative vision in my photographic work to the edge. One way I can achieve this is HDR (High Dynamic Range), which is often seen in my images. I also experiment with digital techniques to see where the image will take me. Sometimes it is very representational and sometimes not. My goal in photography is to convey what I see in the image.
Inks and substrates I use for my photo images, giclée prints include using archival Epson UltraChrome K3 ink on Premium Canvas Matte (with a post-coat for protection), or matted prints on Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper, Cranson, Hahnemühle, Moab or Red River photo fine art paper, or Rives.
I have rediscoved my passion for traditional art. I am now using my knowledge of offset and digital printing and combining that knowledge with traditional fine art printing techniques. Some of the methods in which this works well are silk-screen and photogravure.
Other methods I am doing are Intaglio, Aquatint, Lithography and any combination of these techniques, along with photographic image transfer techniques to wood and fabric.
When I get too frustrated with print making I paint with oil, to get my sanity back. Reproductions of my paintings, as well as all prints and photographic images are available for sale.
- Visual Art League of Lewisville (VAL) member show
- 2014 Honorable Mention, Mixed Metaphor, mixed media
- 2013 Second Place, Lemon Cello, silk-screen
- 2011 Peoples Choice Award, Reflection, charcoal drawing
- Brookhaven College Student Show
- 2014 Honorable Mention, It's All About the Scarf, oil painting
- Texas Schools Public Relations Association (TSPRA) Gold Star Award:
- 2003 district newspaper Fine Points, Veteran’s Day event media, annual employee recognition and
Retirement program, and cover photography for Back-to-School book
- 2001 School information books
- 2000 Annual employee recognition and retirement media
- Dallas Business Committee for the Arts, 1999:
- First Place, Computer Art - JCPenney, Plano, Texas
I am a current member of Visual Art of Lewisville (VAL) and Southern Graphics Council International (SGCI), a past member of National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and Texas Schools Public Relations Association (TSPRA).
I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Clothing and Textile Design at the University of Wisconsin~Stout, and concentrated on art and business. I currently take studio art classes at Brookhaven College, and took Art and Visual Communications classes here when learning graphic programs for my career in Graphic Design.